Florida Keys Water Sports & Activities
Key West is well stocked with tour operators and outfitters ready to assist those who want to explore the mysteries of the sea. Diving charters include excursions to sunken wrecks and reefs off the Key West coast. Snorkeling and scuba diving equipment is usually provided on chartered tours, or you may choose to use your own.
- Sunset Watersports - For everything you need in watersports, head to Sunset. The folks here will assist you with water skiing, knee boarding, tubing, five-man banana boat rides, snorkeling, waverunners, kayaking, parasailing, jet skis, speedboat tours, catamaran tours, windsurfing, sailing and more.
One Smathers Beach, Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 296-2554
- Subtropic Dive Center - At the Subtropic Dive Center, scuba instruction is provided in the onsite pool.
1605 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
Key West, FL. 800-853-3483
- Bonsai Diving – Bonsai Diving offers all levels of diving certification from basic to assistant instructor. The center’s morning, afternoon and all day diving trips include night dives, deep dives, wreck dives, photo dives and more.
1075 Duval St. C-9, Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 294-2921 or (305) 296-6301
- The Florida Straits Diving Company – The Florida Straits Diving Company offers snorkeling and fishing charters aboard a 26-foot Dusky. Tours include excursions to various Key West wrecks and reefs.
1515 Florida Street Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 587-4018
- Wild Dolphins & Snorkel The Reef - The folks at Dolphins & Snorkel the Reef take passengers on their fast-moving Mako to locations that large vessels can’t reach. During the ride, the captain points out bird species, explains the mangrove ecosystem and more. You’ll see dolphins in the wild, snorkel a coral reef and visit a deserted island beach.
Garrison Bight Marina Corner of Palm Avenue and Eisenhower Drive Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 292-1501
- Wild About Dolphins – Wild About Dolphins takes snorkelers into the backcountry to observe marine life and bird species on half-day and full-day trips. A light breakfast or lunch is provided.
5950 Peninsula Ave. Oceanside Marina, Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 294-5026
- The Caribbean Spirit – The Caribbean Spirit is a 78-foot luxury catamaran that features a spacious sundeck, shaded seating area, serving bar and more.
201 Elizabeth Street Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 296-5556
- Discovery Glassbottom Boat – The Discovery Glassbottom Boat tours allow passengers to safely view numerous varieties of marine life while staying dry and comfortable inside the boat. The Discovery Glassbottom Boat offers three trips daily, including a sunset sail.
251 Margaret St. Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 262-0099
- Froggie’s – Froggie’s caters to small groups and offers all the fun of a glassbottom boat tour on a 28-foot Trojan.
Garrison Bight Marina Key West, FL
Phone: (305) 747-0342
- Action Charters
1605 North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL 33040
| back to top
- Abyss Dive Center - The Abyss Dive Center offers diving and snorkeling instruction, a complete dive center, sales, service and rentals.
13175 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, FL
- Captain Hook’s - The folks at Captain Hook’s have been assisting visitors since the 1950's with fishing, diving, snorkeling, fishing charters, bait and tackle and more.
11833 O/S Hwy., Marathon, FL
Phone: (305) 743-2444
- Fish 'n' Fun Boat Rentals, Bait & Tackle - The name says it all. Fish n’ Fun offers boat and dock rentals, and inside the bait and tackle shop, you’ll find rod and reel sales and rentals, as well as fishing accessories, clothing and more.
12501 Overseas Hwy., Marathon, FL 33050
Phone: (305) 743-2275
- Florida Keys Sailing - This facility offers a variety of certified sailing classes.
2470 Dolphin Dr., Marathon, FL 33050
Phone: (305) 289-9519
- The Glass Bottom Boat - This facility offers snorkeling, hookah diving, scuba diving, living coral reef tours and more.
Phone: (305) 289-9933
- Jerry’s Charter Service & Watersport Rentals
525 82nd St. Ocean
Phone: (305) 289-7298
- Marathon Kayak - Family-owned and operated, Marathon Kayak provides kayak rentals, guided kayak tours, specialty kayak trips, kayak sales and kayaking instruction.
19 Sombrero Blvd, Marathon, FL 33050
Phone: (305) 743-0561
- Ray's Outboard
57560 Morton St., Marathon, FL 33050
Phone: (305) 743-9995
- Captain Morgan’s Dive & Snorkel Tours - This facility offers all types of dives, including night and deep dives as well as shallow wreck dives.
MM 49, Banana Bay Resort, Marathon, FL
- Hall’s Diving Center – Hall’s Diving Center is a full service outfitter that provides a wide range of diving options. Submarine dives, DPV’s, and rebreather systems are available.
1994 O/S Hwy., Marathon, FL
Phone: ( 800) 331-HALL
- Hoot Mon Charters
24590 Overseas Hwy., Marathon, FL
Phone: (305) 289-1433
- KeyLypso Snorkeling & Sunset Cruise - KeyLypso, a custom-built power catamaran, takes passengers on daily snorkel excursions and sunset cruises.
MM53, Marathon Lady Docks, Marathon, FL
- Latigo Charters
1021 11th Street, Marathon, FL
Phone: (305) 289-1066
- Spirit Snorkeling - This outfitter specializes in families and first-time snorkelers. Explore a 30-acre shallow coral reef.
MM 47.5, Bayside, Marathon, FL
Phone: (305) 289-0614
- Starfish Swim and Snorkel - Four-hour snorkeling and sightseeing trips are offered daily, as well as full-day snorkeling and fishing trips, sunset cruises and private charters. With the help of the folks at Starfish Swim and Snorkel, you may even get to touch a ray or an angelfish.
Sea Dog Charters Marina, Marathon, FL
Phone: (305) 743-8255
| back to top
- Bud n’ Mary’s Marina - This full service marina offers offshore and backcountry charters, party fishing boats, boat rentals, a fisherman's calendar, accommodations, transient dockage, covered storage, fishing vacation packages, Islamorada fishing tournament information and more.
79851 Overseas Hwy., Islamorada, FL
Phone: (800) 344-7352
- Holiday Isle Dive Shop - Dive and snorkel trips depart twice daily from Holiday Isle, which advertises to be the “largest retail dive shop in Islamorada.” Equipment sales and rentals available, as well as sunset cruise excursions.
MM 84, Islamorada, FL
- It’s a Dive - Visit It’s a Dive for assistance with diving, snorkeling, parasailing, waverunners, kayaking, paddleboats and aqua-cycles for the entire family.
80001 Overseas Hwy., Islamorada, FL
Phone: (866) 664-0095
- Ocean Quest Dive Center - This facility offers snorkeling, hookah diving, scuba diving, living coral reef tours and more.
85500 Overseas Hwy., Islamorada, FL
- Bump and Jump - The staff at Bump and Jump will assist you with private windsurfer lessons and rentals, as well as kite surfer, sailboat, motorboat and bicycle rentals.
MM 81.5, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (877) 453-9463
- A1A Watersports - This facility provides waverunner rentals, half- and full-day boat rentals, sailboats, guided waverunner tours and 15-foot sandbar boats.
MM 82.5, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (305) 664-8182
- Theater of the Sea - Fun options for the entire family are available at this facility. Swim-with-dolphins and other marine life programs are popular, as are daily dolphin and sea lion shows and eco-tours. You can go on a “bottomless” boat ride, kiss a sea lion, pet a dolphin and more. On their four-hour adventure cruise, you’ll visit Lignumvitae Key, explore Indian Key and snorkel Cheeca Rocks.
MM 84.5, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (305) 664-2431
- Robbie’s Boat Rentals and Feed the Tarpons Marina - In addition to feeding and watching a hundred or more tarpons as they gather around the dock, Robbie’s is the spot for glass bottom kayak tours, kayak rentals, snorkeling tours, sunset tours and much more. The folks at Robbie’s will assist you in exploring Lignumvitae Key, Indian Key, mangrove tunnels and saltwater flats.
MM 77.5, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (305) 664-9814
- Holiday Isle Beach Resorts and Marina - This full service marina offers backcountry boats, offshore boats and full- or half-day party fishing trips. While you’re at Holiday Isle, you can also ride waverunners, go sail boarding or parasailing, rent a boat, dive, snorkel and more.
MM 84001 Overseas Hwy., Islamorada, FL
- Indian Key and Lignumvitae Key Tours - - For sightseeing of a different nature, check out Lignumvitae Key and Indian Key. Both islands are accessible by boat. Lignumvitae is a 333-acre state botanical site that is named for an endangered area hardwood. Indian Key is a state historic site. Although once a thriving community, Indian Key is now uninhabited, but its streets and ruins remain visible.
MM 77.5, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (305) 664-9814
- Long Key State Park Recreation Area - For some family fun in the sun, this area provides a sandy beach, picnic area, fishing and camping. Rent a canoe and check out the canoe trails that wind throughout the area’s tidal lagoons.
67400 Overseas Hwy., Long Key
Phone: (305) 664-4815
- Watersports at Cheeca Lodge & Spa - Full service watersports are available to both resort and off-property guests. Snorkel trips, parasailing, private boat excursions, family fishing, environmental tours, sailboat rentals, windsurfing, kayaks, motor boat rentals and Indian Key and Everglades excursions should keep your family or group busy.
MM 82, Islamorada, FL
Phone: (305) 664-4651
| back to top
- Captain Slate’s Atlantis Dive Center - Catch daily departures of glass-bottom/snorkel charters and dive charters, or watch the crew feed moray eels, sharks and barracudas.
MM 106.5, Oceanside, Key Largo, FL
- Caribbean Watersports & Enviro-Tours - Available water sports activities include parasailing flights, waverunners, Hobie cats, kayak rentals, Everglades enviro-tours, coral reef snorkeling, sunset cruises and more.
Westin Beach Resort, MM 97, Key Largo, FL
- Family Snorkel Tours by Sundiver - The Sundiver’s friendly crew makes snorkeling fun for both experienced and novice snorkelers of all ages.
MM 100, 103, Kay Largo, FL
- Florida Keys Dive Center - This family owned and operated facility offers all levels of scuba instruction, snorkeling instruction, night dives and daily snorkel and dive trips. Ask about their all-day wreck safari.
90451 Old Hwy., Oceanside, Tavernier, FL
- H2O Adventures -All watercraft at H20 Adventures feature GPS-guided “Total Freedom Tours.” Rent a jet boat, powerboat or waverunner, as well as snorkeling equipment, and explore Pennekamp, where you’ll see dolphins and manatees.
MM 94,5, Oceanside, Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 853-0600
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park - At this state park you’ll find glass bottom boat tours, snorkeling and scuba trips, kayak and canoe rentals, public beach areas and an aquarium.
MM 102.5 Overseas Hwy., Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 451-1202
- Key Largo Parasail - Soar more than a thousand feet into the sky for a parasail ride that offers terrific views of Key Largo, Pennekamp Park and various marine life. All ages welcome.
MM 100, Oceanside Slip, 26A, Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 747-0032
- Key Largo Princess Glassbottom Boat -The Princess is not just any boat, it’s a 70-foot, 125-passenger, air-conditioned motor yacht. Daily cruises offer beautiful underwater views of the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park area.
MM 100, Key Largo, FL
Phone: (877) 648-8129
- Keys Diver Snorkel Tours - Choose from a variety of tours including a sunset snorkel tour and a three-location mini-cruise that features the Christ statue and two reefs.
MM 100, 99696 Overseas Hwy., Key Largo, FL
Phone: (888) 289-2402
- Mandalay Boat Rentals - Mandalay’s 19-foot and 23-foot boats are equipped with GPS, VHF, fish finders, coolers and maps, so you can easily be your own captain. Snorkel and scuba gear is available to rent.
- Quicksilver Catamaran Charters -Step aboard the 50-foot catamaran and sail to Pennekamp Park for snorkeling. Also available is the sunset sail that includes champagne and snorkeling in season.
99701 Overseas Hwy. Key Largo, FL
- Reef Roamer -The Reef Roamer’s natural habitat features the world’s largest variety of tropical fish. Catamaran sail and snorkel adventures available.
MM 100, Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 453-0110
- Snuba Tours - Lessons are provided and no experience is necessary to enjoy snuba, a combination of scuba and snorkeling. Whether you dive to 20 feet below or stay near the surface, you’ll enjoy this experience.
Phone: (305) 522-3039
- Tavernier Dive Center -For more than two decades, Tavernier has served divers in the Keys. This full service dive and snorkel center is conveniently located near Key Largo and Islamorada dive sites.
90791 Old Hwy., Tavernier, FL
| back to top
Big Pine & The Lower Keys
- Bahia Honda State Park - Enjoy sandy beaches, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and more.
36850 Overseas Hwy., Big Pine Key, FL
Phone: (305) 872-2353
- Bluewater Boat Rentals - Located at the Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp, Bluewater Boat Rentals provides center console boats, pontoons and flats. Rentals are available for a half-day up to an entire year.
MM 30, Big Pine Key, FL
Phone: (866) 770-5066
- Island Excursions/Out Island Picnics/Strike Zone Charters - This facility offers the chance to island-hop between Gulf and Atlantic out-islands aboard a glass bottom boat. Snorkel, swim, fish and view wildlife and birds along the way. A fresh grilled fish dinner is also included.
29675 Overseas Hwy., Big Pine Key, FL